Community Engagement and Cultural Diversity
Community Engagement and Cultural Diversity Program of the Miami CTSI fosters long-term participatory research collaboration with the community, assists investigators in conducting community-engaged research, offers advice and training in community based participatory, minority health, and health disparities research.
The program can help with the following:
- Links to community partners (individual and orgranizations)
- Coaching and training of investigators
- Arrangement of guest speaking engagements
- Links to ethnic media outlets
- The use of culturally and linguistically appropriate instruments
- How to compensate research participants
- Budget development
- Development of research protocols
- Letters of support
- Advisement on recruitment
Community Engagement and Cultural Diversity Directory
The directory is a listing of some of the faculty members and other personnel at the University of Miami who are conducting scholarly activities focused on community health, diversity and health disparities. ACCESS THE DIRECTORY
Dr. Olveen Carrasquillo talks about how researchers engage the program.
Olveen Carrasquillo, M.D., M.P.H.
Professor, Department of Medicine and Public Health Sciences
Chief, the Division of General Internal Medicine
Erin Kobetz, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Professor (Tenured), Department of Medicine
Associate Director, Cancer Control Program Leader