Team Science Seminar Series
The Team Science Research Seminar Series highlights a diversity of aspects of team science and translational research presented to the broad research community at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine.
Seminar Series Fall 2018 Schedule
Seminar are held from 4-5 p.m. at the Don Soffer Clinical Research Center, Room 873
- August 28: The “Trans” Factor in Sickle Cell Disease: Translation, Transition, Transdisciplinary, and Transformation – Daniel Armstrong, Ph.D. (Download Flyer)
- September 11: Challenges in Translational Regenerative Medicine in Neurological Disorders – Jae K. Lee, Ph.D. (Download Flyer)
- September 25: The Network for the Pancreatic Organ Donors with Diabetes (nPOD): Applying team science to the study of human type 1 diabetes – Alberto Pugliese, M.D. (Download Flyer)
- October 9: Exploiting the Mechanism of Notch For The Discovery And Development Of Novel Cancer Therapeutics – Anthony Capobianco, Ph.D. (Download Flyer)
- October 23: Data Analytics for Diagnosis and Prediction of Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections in Critical Care Units – Mary Hooshmand, Ph.D., & Ramin Moghaddass, Ph.D. (Download Flyer)
- November 6: Putting Evidence into Public Policy: A View from the Inside – Jeffrey P. Brosco, M.D., Ph.D.
- November 13: The Reality of Drug Discovery in Academia – Shaun P Brothers, Ph.D.
- November 27: Sleep in Neurocognitive Aging and Alzheimer’s Research – Alberto Ramos, Ph.D.
- December 11: Re-thinking drug target identification, from academic curiosity to commercial technology – Hassan Al-Ali, Ph.D.