Pilots & Collaborative Translational & Clinical Studies Awards (CTSI Pilot Program Awards)
The Miami CTSI is now offering funding opportunities to support up to four scientifically-meritorious pilot projects that are highly innovative, translational (T1 – T4), interdisciplinary, and/or promote research oriented toward community and health disparities.
The awards (each limited to $40,000 for direct costs only) are expected to generate publications and data for external funding in accordance with the CTSA-mandated NCATS Common Metrics Initiative.
- All UM Assistant and Associate professors are eligible to apply to these awards. Study teams of Full Professors may apply, only if the Principal Investigator is junior faculty.
- Investigators from the Jackson Health System and the Miami VA may apply, with at least one full-time UM faculty collaborator.
- Only new applications and first resubmissions to any UM internal award mechanism are allowed.
- Only translational research proposals (T1 – T4) will be accepted. Basic research studies (T0) will not be considered.
- LOI due – January 9, 2019
- Full application (by invitation only) due – February 20, 2019 at Midnight
- Funding decisions – April 2019