The University Research Informatics Data Environment, also known as URIDE, is a large scale data services atmosphere where de-identified data from multiple clinical and basic sciences systems can be explored preparatory to research, prospective and retrospective analysis. The goal of URIDE is to provide a single, secure, exploratory environment for all clinically and scientifically derived data for research at the University.
REDCap is an application that allows users to build and manage online surveys and databases quickly and through a secure web authentication from your browser. No extra software is required.
REDCap also let’s you:
- Export data to common data analysis packages – Export your data to Microsoft Excel, PDF, SAS, Stata, R, or SPSS for analysis.
- Generate reports – Create custom queries for generating reports to view or download.
- Schedule projects – Utilize a built-in project calendar and scheduling module for organizing your events and appointments.
- Easily manage a contact list of survey respondents or create a simple survey link – Build a list of email contacts, create custom email invitations, and track who responds, or you may also create a single survey link to email out or post on a website.
- Save your data collection instruments as a PDF to print – Generate a PDF version of your forms and surveys for printing to collect data offline.
University of Miami Health Research Website – UMiamiHealthResearch.org
A website for UM study teams to feature their health research studies and connect with participants. Possible study participants can search the site for active studies an/or they sign up to be part of a registry to be contacted about studies.
- It allows users to easily view lay-friendly descriptions of health studies online by searching with lay friendly key words and categories.
- Potential participants can go to this website and sign up to be a volunteer in future studies and express their interest in specific studies.
- It allows study teams and volunteers to communicate with one another in a safe, HIPAA-compliant manner.
- Each study gets a unique public web address for easy sharing on social media and marketing materials.
UM study teams should ensure their studies are listed in the website’s portal to maximize the benefits of all these features. Learn more about UMiamiHealthResearch.org here.
The Secure Workbench provides a virtual environment whereby University of Miami faculty and staff can analyze clinical and research identified or de-identified data in a secure system. The Secure Workbench is pre-loaded with analytical and mathematical applications such as SAS, Excel, MATLAB, R Studio, Minitab, and Maple. Access to the Internet is restricted to sites related to the applications installed. Only Secure Workbench Administrators and the Office of Privacy and Data Security’s Data Broker have the capability and are permitted to move data in and out of the Secure Workbench. The Workbench servers are hosted by the University Miami Information Technology Department.
To request access and assistance, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Researchers are using team-based approaches to address complex challenges like cancer. If you manage, support, or conduct team-based research, the Team Science Toolkit offers over 500 resources to help enhance your work.